Industrial Design (ID) is a combination of applied art and applied science, whereby the aesthetics, ergonomics and usability of products may be improved for marketability and production. The role of an industrial designer is to create and execute design solutions towards problems of form, usability, physical ergonomics, marketing, brand development and sales.
Industrial Design is also the professional service of creating and developing concepts and specifications that optimize the function, value and appearance of products and systems for the mutual benefit of both user and manufacturer.
With Industrial Design, Mawashi can enhance the functionalities of a product, while considering the technical, economical and functional constraints, with the goal of improving users’ acceptance.
Here are certain aspects of a product that we can enhance through Industrial Design:
• Shapes, features, usability, intuitiveness, durability and fiability
• Optimization of shapes, dimensions, and positioning of components
• Integration with other equipement
• Experience of use (scenarios, focus groups)
• Aesthetics (style, trends, family of products and attractiveness to give a positive first impression to end-users and system evaluators)